Where to find Apples this Autumn
Nothing says “autumn” more than sweet, crisp apples. Whether you reach for a red delicious, granny smith, or gala, we’ve found something fun for lovers of all types of fall’s most famous fruit.
If you want to pick your own apples:
- Herman’s Farm Orchard in St. Charles, MO
- Thies Farm in St. Louis and St. Charles, MO
- Eckert’s in Grafton, Millstadt, and Belleville, IL
- Broom Orchard in Carlinville, IL
- Mill’s Apple Farm in Marine, IL
- Centennial Farms in Augusta, MO
- Braeutigam Orchards in Belleville, IL
Maybe you’ve got a sweet tooth and prefer your apples baked into a crispy pie:
- The Blue Owl’s Caramel Apple Pecan Levee High Pie
[photo credit: theblueowlbakery.com]
Looking to make an apple-centric day-trip? Just a short ride down the river from St. Louis, Kimmswick, Missouri, is the perfect destination. Visit Kimmswick on October 27th and 28th to experience the town’s infamous Apple Butter Festival, or catch a ride on the Kimmswick Cruise aboard the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch.