We all know the Gateway Arch — but there is so much more to explore below. Uncover new paths to roam and boundless stories untold in Gateway Arch National Park.
Ready to plan your visit?
Get in your daily dose of exercise while taking in a new perspective of downtown St. Louis with over five miles of trails to explore.
Transport yourself to the 1850s St. Louis Riverfront era with our Virtual Reality Theater.
Take a deep breath and let your mind wander as you immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of Gateway Arch National Park.
Embrace the beauty around every corner of one of St. Louis’s largest urban green spaces and inside its Explorer’s Garden.
Discover over 200 years of shared St. Louis’ stories in our free, world-class museum featuring six interactive and accessible galleries.
Your National Park at a Glance
- 630 feet tall and wide
- Weighs 43,226 tons
- 16 windows at the top of the Arch
- Tallest monument in the United States
- Construction completed in 1965
- Arch renovations completed in 2018
- 91 acres of greenspace
- Two Reflection Ponds
- Over five miles of paved pathways and trails
- Old Courthouse actively undergoing renovations until 2025
- Up to 30 miles in each direction from the top of the Gateway Arch
- Tram Ride to the Top
- Free world-class museum with six interactive museum galleries
- Monument to the Dream documentary
- Arch Cafe and shopping
- Riverboat cruises
- Helicopter tours
- Virtual Reality Theater experience
- Seasonal events