- This event has passed.
Blues at the Arch Festival
Experience blues music like never before on the Arch grounds! Gateway Arch Park Foundation, in partnership with the National Blues Museum and the National Park Service, is thrilled to host Blues at the Arch, reimagined as a free music festival, Aug. 12-14, 2022. The Blues at the Arch Festival pays tribute to St. Louis’ storied blues history and showcases the talents of national and local entertainers in the North Gateway of Gateway Arch National Park, near the Eads Bridge and Laclede’s Landing.
For the first time, the 2022 Blues at the Arch Festival will feature food trucks, a market, after parties and more on Friday, Aug. 12 and Saturday, Aug. 13. On Sunday, Aug. 14, guests are invited to attend a special Sunday Blues Brunch at 612North and explore the park and National Blues Museum.
ENTERTAINMENT LINEUP (subject to change):
Friday, August 12
- 5 p.m.: Blues at the Arch opens
- 5:15 p.m.: Annika Chambers
- 6:15 p.m.: House music and announcements
- 6:45 p.m.: Marcia Ball
Saturday, August 13
- 12 p.m.: Blues at the Arch opens
- 12:15 p.m.: Matt “The Rattlesnake” Lesch
- 1:15 p.m.: House music
- 1:45 p.m.: Hy-C
- 2:45 p.m.: House music and announcements
- 3 p.m.: Circus Harmony
- 3:30 p.m.: Line dancing (crowd participation)
- 4 p.m.: Jeremiah Johnson
- 5 p.m.: House music
- 5:30 p.m.: Keesha Pratt Band
- 6:30 p.m.: House music and announcements
- 7 p.m.: Selwyn
Sunday, August 14
- Sunday Blues Brunch at 612North: Next door at Laclede’s Landing – and at the site of a former jazz speakeasy – enjoy a ticketed brunch with a magnificent view overlooking Gateway Arch National Park. A portion of proceeds will go toward supporting future Blues at the Arch festivals and programming. Brunch ticket information will be posted at archpark.org/blues in the coming months.
- Explore the City: Guests are encouraged to enjoy St. Louis by visiting the Gateway Arch and the National Blues Museum.
CALL FOR ARTISTS: FESTIVAL POSTER COMPETITION
Gateway Arch Park Foundation and National Blues Museum are seeking artwork from a diverse group of artists for a commemorative 2022 Blues at the Arch Festival poster. Visual artists over the age of 18 living in the St. Louis area are encouraged to apply. BIPOC artists, women artists, LGBTQ+ artists and artists with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected artist will be given a stipend of $1,000 for their commissioned artwork, intended to cover the cost of design, artist fee, and delivery of final artwork.
Artists may submit up to three artistic samples for consideration of their art practice. Applications open May 10 and close June 1. The finalized artwork by the selected artist must be complete by June 17. The selected artist will receive a stipend of $1,000. Learn more about the poster contest and how to submit artwork at archpark.org/blues.