April 21, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Junior Ranger Day
Kids ages 5-15 are invited to participate in Junior Ranger Day!
At the Gateway Arch:
- 9-11 a.m.: Kids ages 5-15 can be the first to earn a Junior Ranger badge featuring the new Gateway Arch National Park name by completing a Junior Ranger activity booklet. Please visit the information desk at the Arch to pick up the booklet and to take part in special ranger-led Junior Ranger programs at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- 9 a.m. to noon: Meet 16-year-old Aida Frey, “the most decorated Junior Ranger in the country” in the Gateway Arch lobby. Since July 2010, Aida has visited 304 national parks, earning her Junior Ranger badge at each. Aida will also be available to sign copies of her book “America, Can I Have Your Autograph?: The Story of Junior Ranger Aida Frey,” which is available for purchase at The Arch Store.
- 11 a.m.: A special Junior Ranger swearing-in ceremony with Aida and the day’s new Junior Rangers will take place in the Gateway Arch lobby. Those who’ve completed their activity booklet will be awarded the new Junior Ranger badge featuring the park’s new name, Gateway Arch National Park.
At the Old Courthouse:
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Kids can take part in a variety of activities, including dressing up like a park ranger and getting their photo taken, completing a NPS map activity and completing a Junior Ranger activity booklet to earn a Gateway Arch National Park Junior Ranger badge. (Also offered Sunday, April 22.)
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Former Gateway Arch National Park Ranger Nancy Hoppe, author of an article in the book “The Wonder of It All: 100 Stories from the National Park Service,” will be signing copies of the work in the Rotunda. (Also offered Sunday, April 22 from 1-3 p.m.)
Please note: Kids can complete the booklet at any time to earn a Gateway Arch National Park Junior Ranger badge.