FAQ: What’s a Fee-free Day?
Did you know? This Monday is fee-free day at Jefferson National Expansion Memorial!
What’s a fee-free day, you ask?
Each year, the National Park Service offer days in which they waive the entrance fee for visitors. Jefferson National Expansion Memorial, which is comprised of the Gateway Arch and Old Courthouse, honors these days by waiving the $3 entrance fee that is included in each adult “Journey to the Top” tram ride and “Monument to the Dream” or “Lewis and Clark: Great Journey West” movie ticket.
Entrance to the Museum of Westward Expansion and the Old Courthouse are free of charge.
Check out all of this year’s fee-free days below, and join us on our first fee-free day this Monday, January 20, in celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
- January 20, 2014: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 15-17, 2014: Presidents Day Weekend
- April 19-20, 2014: National Park Week’s Opening Weekend
- August 25, 2014: National Park Service’s 98th Birthday
- September 27, 2014: National Public Lands Day
- November 11, 2014: Veterans Day