Gateway Arch Hosts Celebration to Thank St. Louis Community on Feb. 2
ST. LOUIS (JANUARY 31, 2019) – To thank the St. Louis community for its support of everyone impacted by the recent government shutdown, Gateway Arch National Park and its park partners will host a special re-opening event on Saturday, February 2.
From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., visitors of all ages are invited to this special community event that celebrates all aspects of Gateway Arch National Park. Festivities include:
- Junior Ranger program: Kids ages 5-15 can earn a Gateway Arch National Park Junior Ranger badge by completing a Junior Ranger activity booklet. Please visit the information desk at the Arch or Old Courthouse to pick up the booklet.
- Ranger-led tours: Discover St. Louis’ role in the westward expansion of the United States or learn about the Old Courthouse’s history in civil rights battles. National Park Service rangers lead free tours of the Museum at the Gateway Arch and the Old Courthouse. Inquire with the ranger at the information desk at the Arch or Old Courthouse.
- Discount on homemade fudge: Visit the old-fashioned homemade fudge counter in The Arch Store, located under the Gateway Arch, and go home with a free half-pound of fudge with every one 1 pound purchase on all fudge flavors, including chocolate, maple nut, mint chocolate swirl and peanut butter. (Offer valid February 2 only.) Guests can also enjoy free samples of all fudge all day.
- Free dessert at The Arch Café: Diners at The Arch Café, located under the Gateway Arch, can enjoy free dessert with the purchase of any entrée. (Offer valid from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. February 2 only)
- $25 off memberships: Visit the Gateway Arch Park Foundation’s table to receive $25 off new Gateway Arch Park Foundation memberships. Membership supports the conservation of Gateway Arch National Park to ensure it is vibrant, relevant and sustainable now and for generations to come. Membership perks include free Tram Rides to the Top, complimentary parking, discounts on riverboat cruises, special event invitations and much more. (Offer valid February 2, on-site only.)
- Family-friendly games: Think you can build an Arch? Test your skills by building an Arch with oversized plush blocks. (Blocks will be located on the mezzanine level of the Arch Visitor Center).
Also at the Arch, visitors can tour the brand-new Museum at the Gateway Arch and discover the history of St. Louis and westward expansion, take the Tram Ride to the Top to enjoy sweeping views of downtown St. Louis and the Mississippi River, and see the documentary movie, Monument to the Dream. Tram and documentary movie tickets can be purchased online at www.gatewayarch.com.
“We are so grateful to our wonderful staff, park partners and the St. Louis community for their unwavering support,” said Mike Ward, superintendent, Gateway Arch National Park. “Gateway Arch National Park belongs to everyone, and we invite our neighbors and friends to discover the many wonders of our urban national park.”
WHAT: Gateway Arch Re-opening Community Celebration
WHERE: Gateway Arch Visitor Center
WHEN: Saturday, February 2; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
COST: Most activities are free
PARKING: Gateway Arch National Park does not have designated on-site visitor parking. A list of preferred parking locations near the park can be found at http://getaroundstl.com.
MORE INFORMATION: Visit www.gatewayarch.com