Gateway Arch Hosts “Frights & Heights” Family Friendly Halloween Costume Party on Saturday, Oct. 15
ST. LOUIS (September 27, 2022)–Halloween comes to the Gateway Arch! The tallest monument in the U.S. is set to host “Frights & Heights,” a family friendly Halloween party, on Saturday, Oct. 15. Attendees are encouraged to wear their best costumes and take part in a variety of Halloween-themed activities.
“Frights & Heights was a smashing success at our inaugural event in 2019, and we are so excited to bring it back and once again combine the magic of the Arch Tram Ride to the Top with the eerie sights and sounds of Halloween,” says Mary Lamie, Executive Vice President of Multi Modal Enterprises, Bi-State Development. “Gather your family and join us on October 15th at this spooktacular way to experience the Gateway Arch.”
Frights & Heights features:
- Trick or Tram: Experience scary sights on the one-of-a-kind 630-foot ride to the top of the Arch.
- Freaky Face Painting: Look hauntingly good after a little makeover from one of our face painters.
- Boo-loon Animals: Bring your favorite creepy crawlers to life.
- Freaky Fudge: If you have the guts for it, try some Halloween-themed specialty fudge flavors.
- Creepy Crafts: Express yourself on your very own pumpkin craft.
- Live Music: A Halloween dance party with a DJ will take over the Arch mezzanine.
- Puppet Shows in the Tucker Theater: Lewis and Clark describe their adventure in the west and share some spooky and true stories from the trails (show times: 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.; 20-minute show).
- Free Cruise: Every child will receive a free one-hour St. Louis Riverfront Cruise ticket from the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch.
- Share on Social Media: Share a photo of your costume or your time at Freights & Heights with #FrightsandHeights, and tag @GatewayArchSTL on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Candy will be distributed to children. Family-friendly costumes are encouraged. No weapons, real or pretend, are allowed. Costume masks must be removed while going through the security checkpoint.
Visit gatewayarch.com/halloween for full event details and to purchase tickets.
WHAT: Frights & Heights
WHERE: Gateway Arch
WHEN: Saturday, October 15, 2022; 6:30 to 10 p.m.
TICKETS: $21 per person (ages 3 and up). Purchase tickets online at gatewayarch.com/halloween or by calling 877-982-1410.
In addition to these festivities, Frights & Heights has added a new way to save. Guests are now able to order meals before the event.
- Meal add-on: Choose between a hot dog with chips, mac-and cheese with chips, or a pretzel; with a soda or water.
- $6 if ordered with ticket purchase at com/buytickets
- $8 if purchased at the event
Visitors to the Arch must enter the monument at the glass entrance, which faces Fourth Street and the Old Courthouse. The Gateway Arch legs are exits only.
Arch visitor parking at a discounted rate is now available at the Stadium East Garage in downtown St. Louis. Visit gatewayarch.com/plan-your-visit/parking for more information and to pre-purchase parking. With each parking purchase, $1 will go to support educational and community programs at the park through Gateway Arch Park Foundation.
For more information about the Gateway Arch, visit gatewayarch.com.
About the Gateway Arch: The Gateway Arch is part of Gateway Arch National Park, located on the riverfront in downtown St. Louis. The Gateway Arch features the Tram Ride to the Top, the Museum at the Gateway Arch and Monument to the Dream documentary film and is open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Programs and events at the park are made possible by the generous support from park partners Gateway Arch Park Foundation, Jefferson National Parks Association and Bi-State Development. For more information about the Gateway Arch, visit gatewayarch.com.