Your 2019 Opening Day Itinerary
All of St. Louis is sitting on the edge of their seats, anxiously awaiting the best day of the year – the Cardinals’ Home Opener! Your Redbirds take on the San Diego Padres Friday at 3:15 pm and if you’re lucky enough to be heading to the game, follow our opening day itinerary for the Best. Day. Ever.
All together now … “LETS-GO-CARD-INALS!”
8:00 – 10:00 a.m. – Opening Day Breakfast at Cardinals Nation Restaurant & Bar at Ballpark Village
- Enjoy a special buffet menu for $19.98 per person. Bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary Bar are available for an additional $12. There will be giveaways, prizes and a chance to win two tickets to the Opening Day game!
- Make your reservation at cardinalsnation.com.
10:00 a.m. – Explore Gateway Arch National Park
- There’s no better view of Busch Stadium (or St. Louis) than from the top of the Arch! Purchase your Tram Ride to the Top tickets ahead of time at gatewayarch.com/buy-tickets/.
- Remember to allow some time to go through security and check out the new Museum at the Gateway Arch, as well as The Arch Store, before your Trip to the Top.
12:30 p.m. – Grab a quick bite at the Arch Café
- Located in the Visitor Center beneath the Gateway Arch, the Arch Café is the perfect spot to refuel for the rest of your day’s excitement.
1:00 p.m. – Continue the pre-game fun at Ballpark Village
- Todd Thomas will host games and giveaways on the FOX Sports Midwest Live! stage. If you don’t have a ticket to the game itself, Ballpark Village is a great spot to watch!
1:45 p.m. – Walk across the street to Busch Stadium
- Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to get through security and find your seat!
2:15 p.m. – Opening Day Ceremonies begin at Busch Stadium
3:15 p.m. – First Pitch. Game on!
Photo credit: Ron Cogswell