Gateway Arch Driving Directions
If you are driving to the Gateway Arch, please see below for directions from all major interstates in Missouri and Illinois. Once you’re downtown, find parking at our Preferred Parking location near the Gateway Arch and Old Courthouse. Passenger drop-off/pick-up spaces available on 4th Street between Market & Chestnut.
Exiting from Missouri interstates 55, 44, 64/40 and 70
- I-44 East/55 North | Take Exit 292 for Lumiere Place Blvd/Washington Avenue/Eads Bridge, then take the U-turn from the left lane to access Pine Street and downtown.
- I-64 East | Take Exit 40 for the Last Missouri Exit. Turn left onto Gratiot Street, then left onto 4th Street. Continue north on 4th Street to access downtown.
- I-70 East | Take Exit 249B for Tucker Boulevard. Continue south on Tucker Boulevard, then turn left onto Market Street to access downtown.
Exiting from Illinois interstates 55, 64 and 70 via Poplar Street Bridge, Martin Luther King Bridge, Eads Bridge and Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge
- Poplar Street Bridge (55 South/64 West) | After crossing the bridge, take exit 40B for Memorial Drive. Keep right on the exit and follow signs for Walnut St. Take a forced left onto Walnut Street to access downtown.
- Martin Luther King Bridge | After crossing the bridge, follow the road to the right, then turn left under the interstate onto Carr Street followed by an immediate left onto Broadway Street to access downtown.
- Eads Bridge | After crossing the bridge, continue straight on Washington Avenue then turn left on Broadway to access downtown.
- Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge | After crossing the bridge, take the left exit for North Tucker Boulevard. Continue south on Tucker Boulevard, then turn left on Market Street to access downtown.
Riverboats at the Gateway Arch
The Riverboats at the Gateway Arch are located on the riverfront’s cobblestone levee at 50 S. Leonor K Sullivan Blvd., St. Louis, MO. Riverfront parking is available for a cash fee. To access the riverfront levee parking, take Chouteau Ave. to Leonor K Sullivan Blvd.
Note: Riverfront levee parking availability is subject to weather and river conditions.
DO NOT USE GPS NAVIGATION GPS use is NOT recommended due to recent street changes near the Gateway Arch Riverfront.
Gateway Arch visitors must enter the monument through the new west entrance, which faces Fourth Street and the Old Courthouse. The Gateway Arch legs have become exits only.
A note on accessibility:
- Approaching from the west, all walking paths onto the Arch grounds from the City are open.
- From the east (on Leonor K. Sullivan Boulevard), use the Grand Staircase. For wheelchair access, use the ramps from the riverfront to the Arch grounds.
- From the north via Laclede’s Landing, the 1st and 2nd Street entrances to the park are also wheelchair accessible.
For additional information or assistance, contact our Call Center at (877) 982-1410.
Using Public Transit
By train, bus, or trolley, the Gateway Arch is easily accessible from throughout the St. Louis metro area. To find the MetroLink train station nearest you, visit the Metro Transit system map. Exit at the 8th and Pine station. Exit at the Laclede’s Landing station and walk south through the park to the Gateway Arch entrance. If you have not already purchased your tickets online at gatewayarch.com, tickets are available once inside to the left at the ticket center.
MetroBus serves the greater St. Louis and Metro East Illinois region. Refer to the Metro Transit map to determine the best route to the Gateway Arch from your location.
Call (314) 231-2345 or email [email protected] for more information about MetroLink or MetroBus.
Bus drivers, use the directions below to access the Gateway Arch and the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch from all major Missouri and Illinois interstates.
For directions to bus pick-up/drop-off areas and designated bus parking, including any current detours, see below. For maps and turn-by-turn directions, see below.
For bus parking locations, email [email protected] or call (877) 982-1410.
PLEASE NOTE: Bus drop-off and pick-up on the Chestnut side of Luther Ely Smith Square will be limited due to construction in front of the Hyatt hotel. Using the bus zone between Memorial Dr. & 4th is recommended through May 2023.